Another one we missed? Third London Bridge attacker is named in Italy as Moroccan-Italian Youssef Zaghba who was 'arrested in Bologna for trying to fly to Syria'
2017-Jun-06 | By News Admin

Third London Bridge attacker is named in Italy as Moroccan-Italian 22-year-old
Italian newspaper says he was stopped in Turkey 'trying to travel to Syria'
Security source claims British and Moroccan authorities were warned about him
Raises more questions for security services about the Italian got into Britain

The third terrorist behind the London Bridge attacks has been named as a 22-year-old Italian-Moroccan amid claims British authorities were tipped off about him coming to the UK.
Youssef Zaghba, who was born in Fez, Morocco to an Italian mother and Moroccan father, was suspected of attempting to travel to Syria last year, according to Italian media.
Authorities in Italy tipped off British authorities about Zaghba but he was apparently able to enter Britain and get a job in a London restaurant,Corriere Della Sera reports.

He was stopped at Bologna airport in 2016 with a one-way ticket to Istanbul, carrying just a backpack, a passport and a mobile phone.
An Italian intelligence source said that Zaghba had since been acquitted of trying to go to Syria but was on a 'persons at risk' list.  
Reports in Italy suggest the 22-year-old had since got a 'seasonal job' in a London restaurant and continued to speak to his mother back home.
The Met Police have insisted Zaghba was not a 'subject of interest', but the claims in Italy will raise further questions of security services over why the three attackers weren't under closer surveillance.


Scotland Yard described Zaghba as 'of east London', suggesting he has been in the capital for some time.
Reports in Italy say he was born in Morocco at a time when his parents lived in north Africa. They are now said to have separated and his mother moved back to Italy with him and lives in the Bologna area. 
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: 'While formal identification is yet to take place, detectives believe he is 22-year-old Youssef Zaghba, from east London. The deceased's family have been informed.
'He is believed to be an Italian national of Moroccan dissent. He was not a police or MI5 subject of interest.' 


The two other attackers - Khuram Shazad Butt and Rachid Redouane - were named yesterday. 
Butt, 27, was probed two years before his murderous rampage but officials downgraded the investigation because they did not suspect the married father of two was planning an attack.
Incredibly last year he even secured a job working on the Tube and had access to tunnels under the Houses of Parliament while working at Westminster station.
The Pakistani-born Briton, who came to the UK as an asylum seeker, was able to mastermind the murder of seven and maiming of 48 others in plain sight on Saturday night.


There are growing calls for Scotland Yard and MI5 to explain why they failed to act on the repeated warnings about Butt's extremism. 
Police said Redouane, 30, 'claimed' to be Moroccan-Libyan. He was also carrying an Irish identity card when he was shot dead by police during Saturday's rampage, that left seven dead.
But there were a number of unanswered questions about Radouane's background, with police admitting they are not completely sure about his true identity.
Scotland Yard said he was also known as Rachid El-khdar, and used a different date of birth which made him five years younger.
Redouane's British wife Charisse O'Leary, 38, was among seven women detained by police in the aftermath of the attacks. A total of ten people remained in custody last night. 
In a further embarrassment for British authorities, Zaghba's identity was revealed in Italy before Scotland Yard confirmed it, similar to how details of the Manchester bombing were leaked in the US before they were released by police in the UK.

Sources : Dailymail